TikTok is an excellent platform to leverage for building your community, selling digital products, and growing your income streams. A precursor for that is creating outstanding content.
However, creating of-the-moment, attention-grabbing content can be complex and confusing. What can simplify that process, however, is access to the right set of TikTok tools.
Here, we’ve compiled 40 tools to help you use TikTok like a pro. Let’s dive in!
Best tools for TikTok content ideas
Generating interesting ideas to create content on TikTok can be difficult. Who hasn’t gotten brain freeze while thinking of what to create next? These tools can help you come up with amazing ideas:
1. TikTok Trends Discovery Tool
TikTok’s discovery tool helps users unravel what’s trending on the platform. You can find the tool right within the app’s Creative Center. Using it, you can:
- Discover trending hashtags.
- Search for topics that are trending based on the geo-location you’re targeting.
- Sort out topics by niche and come up with content ideas aligning with your offering.
Pricing: We love this tool because it’s free and has virtually zero learning curve.
If you need a tool for generating content ideas, look no further than BuzzSumo. All you need to do is to enter your keyword and — presto! — you’ll have infinite topics right at your fingertips.
With this tool, you can:
- Find new trends and discover what is popular.
- Access thousands of content ideas in just one place.
- Gain SEO insights and find ways to distribute your content to the right audience.
What sets BuzzSumo apart is that you can derive content topics based on questions people ask on various forums. The tool comes with additional features such as monthly search volume, search trends, and information that can help you improve your PPC (pay-per-click) strategy. In short, it’s a complete content creation package.
Pricing: A 30-day free trial is available. The paid plans begin at $199/month and can go up to $999/month for enterprise-level solutions.
Ubersuggest is owned by Neil Patel, a prominent SEO expert in the industry. With this tool, you can type keywords related to your topic to gain access to various content ideas. Here’s how that works:
- Ideas are classified under multiple parameters such as backlinks, views on different social media tools, and estimated number of visits.
- As Ubersuggest is SEO-oriented, it also helps you find topics that are popular on other search engines.
- This will help you not only on TikTok, but on other platforms too.
Pricing: If you’re looking for a quick and free solution to generate content ideas, look no further than Ubersuggest. To remove limits on searches, you will have to pay. Individual plans begin at $29/month, while enterprise plans can cost you close to $100/month.
Portent is an idea generator tool that helps create attractive titles for your blog posts, videos, and podcasts. So if you have TikTok video ideas and want to make the titles shine, Portent is potent!
- Portent’s ideas are based on popularity, searches, and global trends.
- You simply need to enter your subject and the idea generator will fetch several creative titles.
- It’s a great tool for evaluating your ideas.
Pricing: It is free to use. However, you will have to run several searches before you arrive at the right topic.
Semrush is an outstanding tool for instantly discovering untapped ideas and creating valuable audience-centric content.
- It helps you design high-performing content calendars that can be targeted based on specific locations.
- Its location-based strategy is important if you’re a business owner who plans to target particular locations.
- You can give what your audience expects from you and structure your content so that it receives maximum coverage.
The best thing about Semrush is that it allows you to export ideas and integrate your content template with any other tools you may be using.
Pricing: From $119.95/month to $449.95/month for business plans.
Best tools for shooting TikTok content – Video studio setup
To excel on Tiktok, you also need to make sure that you have the right equipment and tools to shoot videos. Besides your smartphone, you may want to invest in these five tools to set up your video studio.
A good camera is essential to make your videos look crystal clear.
While you may need to save up to buy a professional camera, you can use your smartphone as your primary camera. The latest iPhones and some of the more advanced Android phones have cameras sufficient for filming TikTok videos.
Depending on your personal budget, we suggest investing in the best professional camera you can afford to give your content that extra leg up.
7. Camera tripod
A camera tripod is a handy tool to keep your camera stable and help you appear professional in your videos. Using one helps to ensure that:
- Your videos appear smooth and closely resemble professional videos.
- Your videos don’t appear shaky if you’re walking around while shooting.
- You can totally focus on your content instead of worrying about your smartphone or camera placement.
A tripod helps you bid goodbye to the habit of leaning your cell phone against the wall. Make sure that the tripod you select is compatible with different smartphones and cameras.
TikTok is a short-form video platform that lets you upload videos of 15, 30, or 60 seconds. However, it now allows you to upload even longer videos up to 10 minutes.
Creating impactful bite-sized videos can be tricky if you want your content to sound both witty and informative. If you struggle to be spontaneous while being in front of the camera, we recommend writing down your script and using a teleprompter to read it out to reduce errors.
There are many good and affordable teleprompters on the market. Pick up the one that you like and start focusing on writing great TikTok video scripts.
9. Lighting equipment
Natural light is always the best when it comes to video shooting. However, if you shoot in a room that is not well-lit, you could consider artificial lighting for a better output.
- Consider investing in LED rings that can be adjusted alongside your tripod so that the light shines on your face.
- Avoid overexposing your face with extra lighting. This comes with practice, and trial and error.
- Once you know how much light is flattering, you can adjust your lighting accordingly.
10. Audio equipment
Do you really want to sound croaky and creaky on TikTok while you’re trying to promote your brand or sell your products? Instead, you should be sounding confident, clear, and effective.
- A poor-quality microphone can make you sound distorted or even unprofessional.
- For good sound quality, you need to ensure that you have access to good microphones.
- Professional microphones compatible with iOS and Android can be a great long-term investment.
Bose, Apple, and other brands manufacture excellent microphones.
Bonus tip: Consider investing in storage, too. The more videos you shoot, the more space you will require on your hard disk or cloud storage. It’s important to make copies of your videos as well, just in case something goes wrong. The trick is to subscribe to at least two cloud storage services, such as iCloud, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Best TikTok editing tools
After creating your videos, you need to make sure that there are no errors in them. Enhancing them and making them look more appealing to your audience is also important. These video editing tools help you tweak, trim, and enhance your videos, so your followers are left amazed.
TikTok’s native application has a decent video editing tool. The tool is intuitive with minimal features, so it is perfect for beginners and those without much technical knowledge.
- It’s super easy to use and has an intuitive interface that lets you add multiple effects and filters.
- It also boasts a library of music that you can add to your videos.
- Once you’re done adding effects, songs, and filters, you can choose your final cover.
If you are uncomfortable using advanced video editing tools, you can definitely stick to TikTok’s native application for your video editing requirements. But if you need more features, you might have to look elsewhere.
Flixier is a browser-based video editor that is relatively easy to use. Again, it is good for beginners but may not be sufficient for professionals.
- It helps you edit videos on-the-go, right on your browser.
- You do not have to download or install any application.
- Upload your video and start editing. Once done, you can publish your video or schedule it.
It is one of the most straightforward video editing tools out there for TikTok users. For more advanced features, you can look for other options.
Pricing: The free version is sufficient for beginners. The Pro and Business versions cost $14 and $30 per month, respectively.
Editing TikTok videos isn’t just about trimming clips or inserting images. It’s also about adding flair to your videos. In that sense, InVideo is a fantastic online TikTok video editor that helps you make trending videos using more than 5,000 templates.
- You can quickly add different transitions and effects, and choose from several fonts to add character to your video.
- The tool comes with more than 8 million stock media, which you can drag and drop into your video.
- You can add hundreds of overlays and masks, and choose from pre-designed text boxes and fonts.
Pricing: The free version comes with a watermark. The Business and Unlimited versions cost $15 and $30 per month, respectively.
Sometimes, it’s not enough to make attractive videos with witty captions. You need a little something else to inspire your audience. This means you must be creative enough to lay out your story memorably. Zoomerang helps you do that by taking your video editing to the next level.
- You can add stickers, dynamic effects, and overlays with ease.
- In addition, the tool supports GIF files and comes with millions of stock media files.
This means you can create infinite combinations of effects and narratives that make your video pop.
Pricing: Free to download and use.
Clideo is another browser-based video editor specifically designed to help edit TikTok content. It includes a collection of tools that helps you with an umbrella of editing tasks, including resizing, cutting, speeding up, and enhancing your videos.
- It lets you add loops and subtitles in several manners that suit your narrative.
- It’s also a very secure tool that gives prime importance to your data and deletes files within 24 hours.
Just download edited files to a secure folder on your hard disk or cloud storage service, and you’re good to go.
Pricing: Its paid version is called Clideo Pro and includes two plans: Monthly ($9/month), and Annual ($6/month).
Best design and caption tools for TikTok
TikTok videos need background images, captions, and a whole lot of effects and filters. You may also need templates that are tailor-made for your business. Here are the best tools to design your video templates and ensure that everything aligns with your brand identity.
Canva is one of the most effective tools for creating images, designs, and posts for various platforms. When it comes to TikTok, Canva is particularly useful.
- It offers more than 5,600 TikTok templates.
- Most of these templates are free to use, and you can also add captions.
- It’s super easy to use. Just drag and drop elements to customize the way you want your video to look.
Pricing: Although it has a paid plan, the free plan is sufficient for most individual users.
17. Copy AI
Artificial intelligence is a godsend when editing images and creating designs. It removes the extra hard work and presents a simpler way of introducing intuitive designs. Enter Copy AI, one of the best artificial intelligence-enabled design tools out there for TikTok. Here’s how it works:
- Download the application and register.
- Upload your video and create the caption you want.
- It gives you multiple options for captions and you can choose the one you like the best.
- The last step is to upload your video on TikTok.
Pricing: The free version is sufficient for most individual users. The Pro plan costs $36/month and comes with an unlimited search option.
18. Adobe Express
Adobe Express is one of the most advanced image editing tools currently on the market. It’s slightly more complex than other options, but if you master it, you can stand out as a TikTok creator.
- With this tool, you can create beautiful video templates and add trending fonts.
- It also has several royalty-free photos that you can use for your video background.
- In addition, you can tweak and make minor changes to your design.
If you’re looking for comprehensive, sophisticated design tools, Adobe Express is one of the best.
Pricing: The free version is sufficient for most individual creators. The Premium plan costs $9.99/month and is suitable for more advanced users.
Pablo is an excellent tool for adding filters and captions to your content. This tool is the brainchild of the company that runs social media management tool Buffer, so you can be rest assured that you’re getting some of the best designs out there.
- Pablo lets you choose from more than 600,000 images and customize them for your needs.
- You can add filters and reset them whenever you feel like it.
- It has options to insert your own logo or graphics.
Pablo is worth checking out if you’re looking for a simple and effective design tool for your TikTok videos.
Pricing: You can use the web app for free.
20. TikTok Effects
TikTok’s native application is another fantastic tool for creating effects and adding filters. It is quick and easy to use.
- As it’s a native application, it is more intuitive than most others available.
- Some features include recording your videos directly on the application while the effect is on.
- In addition, you can preview the result before publishing your video.
Best TikTok scheduling and marketing tools
Once you’re done creating and editing your videos, it’s important to schedule them for later. It’s not always practical or feasible to manually post your videos while your audience is most active. To make your life easier and amplify results, consider using a scheduling tool that can help you automate the publishing process.
Hootsuite is one of the most prominent social media management tools, and it has added TikTok to its list of integrations.
- You can use this tool to schedule videos and measure performance.
- If you have a team, you can give multiple individuals access to your content calendar.
- It has an easy user interface and provides real-time suggestions on the best times to publish your posts.
- It also shares insights related to your demographics.
Pricing: A 30-day free trial is available. Paid plans start from $99/month.
If you want to save time, put your phone away, and live your own life, Later is worth exploring.
- Later helps you auto-publish TikTok posts.
- It helps ensure that you don’t have to think much about scheduling frequency.
- The tool also gives you personalized insights and helps you understand how your TikTok posts are faring in engagement and activity.
Later is built with a “visual-first” approach so that you can create, edit, and preview content before scheduling. It also has a link in bio feature that helps you send followers to your website or shop.
Pricing: From $18 to $80 per month.
Loomly is a social media management tool that also offers scheduling features. It is packed with features such as a content calendar, social media scheduling, and analytics.
- It is a great tool for scheduling videos, especially if you have a brand or business.
- Loomly gives you calendar views, post ideas, and the ability to connect with your team so that you can create an appropriate workflow.
Pricing: From $26 to $269 per month. Enterprise plans cost more.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective social media marketing tool, then SocialPilot can be a good solution. Over 100,000 businesses trust this tool to schedule their posts.
- You can create multiple TikTok videos and schedule them at once.
- It helps you scale up, making it even more useful for growing businesses with multiple social media team members.
- What we like about SocialPilot is its ability to manage teams while offering individual accounts packed with features.
Pricing: From $25 to $170 per month.
Buffer is one of the most popular scheduling tools out there. In addition to TikTok, you can schedule posts across LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Most importantly, Buffer gives you analytic reports so you can track your account’s performance.
- It has a clean interface, which is perfect for someone who is not used to using complex tools.
- You can create your TikTok videos in batches and then use Buffer to post them whenever you like.
Pricing: Free plan exists. Paid plans range from $6 to $120 per month.
Best link in bio tools for TikTok
Although TikTok is a great platform to share your content and engage with your customers, you can’t directly sell your products or services on the app. You will need to direct your followers to a website where they can purchase your products and services.
To maximize your one TikTok bio link, consider using a link in bio tool that leads your followers to a landing page with multiple links to your social media accounts, product pages, and website.
Linktree is one of the most popular link in bio tools for TikTok. It helps you display all your links on a customized page with a dedicated URL.
With Linktree, you can:
- Customize your bio link in minutes, and add your store, videos, website, social networks, and more.
- Share your Linktree wherever you want — on TikTok and beyond. You even get a customized QR code.
Pricing: The free plan is sufficient if you only plan to feature a few links on your bio page. Paid versions are necessary for unlocking more advanced features.
If you’re looking for a clean link in bio tool, Instabio is a great choice. You can use its free plan if you stick to just two links. However, you will have to pay up for more advanced features and adding additional links.
- The tool allows you to add subdomains and fetches real-time insights.
- Paid versions do not carry advertisements.
- There are multiple themes and forms that you can choose depending on your requirements.
Pricing: From $0 to $9.99.
Beacons is another link in bio tool with a focus on helping you monetize your social media accounts.
- You can create a merchandise site and add a link in bio to your social profiles.
- It’s ideal for selling merch on TikTok and other social platforms.
Pricing: Free or $7+/month for more advanced features such as custom domain, extra blocks, and more.
url.bio offers you unlimited links at no price at all. It’s an entirely free way to drive traffic from your TikTok and start earning from sales.
- There are no limits on the number of links you can add.
- You can customize your link in bio page according to your brand colors.
- You can also create thumbnails of your links in line with your branding.
Pricing: It’s free to use.
If you’re planning to sell either services or products on TikTok, you need a tailor-made e-commerce platform. Here’s how Koji can help:
- It is specifically designed to help you sell on TikTok and other social media platforms
- It offers several templates with which you can create landing pages with links.
- It helps you sell digital products, eBooks, video courses, and more.
Pricing: Koji is free to use, but it does take a small cut on each financial transaction made on the platform.
Best TikTok analytics tools
TikTok is a great marketing channel for connecting with potential customers and clients. To monetize your audience, however, you need to understand them at a deeper level. These analytics tools help you understand your followers and also your competitors.
Iconosquare is an all-in-one analytical solution that helps you to understand your followers and competitors on TikTok. This tool allows you to connect your social profiles and get all the necessary data in one place.
- It gives you several metrics to analyze your TikTok data.
- It helps you understand your TikTok followers, average engagement per post, reach history, and more.
- You can closely track your TikTok audience as well as your competitors.
Pricing: Iconosquare is free for 14 days, after which you will have to opt for one of their paid plans, which start at €49 (approximately $53) a month.
32. TikTok money calculator by Influencer Marketing Hub
The Influencer Marketing Hub has its own TikTok money calculator. The tool helps you understand influencer engagement and estimate earnings.
- Although this tool is not officially endorsed by TikTok, it provides an estimation of how much you can make on the platform depending on your country and audience location.
- All you need to do is enter your TikTok username to easily find out your estimated total earnings.
If you’re looking for light insights on your earning potential, this calculator is a great tool to use.
Countik is a TikTok analytics tool that can provide real-time data of any TikTok profile. It is an easy tool that can be accessed online with no registration required.
- It helps you save time by eliminating manual analysis.
- You can access detailed visual data about every TikTok account you want to analyze.
- You can also research your competitors and gain insight into what they’re doing.
Analisa is a free TikTok analytics tool that is powered by artificial intelligence. Just input any profile name or hashtag and — tada! — your insights await.
What sets this tool apart is that you can gain insights related to TikTok profile names as well as hashtags.
- Gain access to real-time insights on top-performing posts, audience demographics, influencer campaigns, and more.
- Use this tool to understand your competitors’ social strategies.
- Build better user-generated content and gain access to geo-trend heat maps.
Pricing: Free to $179/month.
MaveKit is an analytics tool that helps you understand how a particular TikTok username performs. If you’re looking for a simple TikTok analytics tool, MaveKit can be your pick owing to its intuitive UI and valuable audience insights.
- You can analyze profiles, videos, and hashtags, and gain real-time insights.
- You can also track daily likes, followers, and media performance. This tool is trusted by more than 100 agencies across the world.
- In addition, you can export all your data into CSV files.
Best tools for finding TikTok influencers for partnerships
If you run a brand or business, you’ll know that good influencer marketing can help make your audience feel positive about your products and services. However, finding TikTok influencers manually can be a chore.
Here are the tools to help you find the right influencers to kickstart your influencer campaign, easily:
36. TikTok Search
You don’t necessarily need to use a unique influencer search tool — TikTok search does the job pretty well itself! You may have to spend some time searching manually, but here are some useful tips:
- First, open the TikTok search page and input the location where you’d like to find influencers. Then, scroll through the different results that appear at the top.
- Another way to find influencers on TikTok is to visit the For You page (FYP). This page displays accounts that are relevant to your interests.
- You can also perform a hashtag search to find people who post the most content related to your business.
Upfluence is a tool designed to help companies and individuals with influencer marketing. It can help you build sustainable partnerships with influencers in order to scale your business. This tool eliminates the manual grunt work, helping you find and manage influencers all in one place, with ease.
- Using this tool, you can identify and recruit influencers who are relevant to your business.
- You can also find the customers most likely to buy your digital products.
- Most importantly, you can manage all your influences on a single dashboard and streamline collaborations.
Pricing: UpFluence offers three tiers of subscriptions. Contact them to get a quote.
Tokfluence is one of the top-rated influencer search platforms. It also provides audience analysis that can help you find the right followers.
- You can quickly analyze influencers after searching and filtering them.
- The tool has a database of over 10 million accounts with more than 20 search criteria.
- You can run influencer campaigns on TikTok directly from Tokfluence’s dashboard.
Tokfluence is an advanced influencer search platform that helps you run campaigns from an easy-to-use dashboard.
Pricing: From free for basic features, to $299/month for enterprise-grade solutions.
InfluenceGrid helps you find influencers on TikTok, make lists, and save your results. It has a database of more than 125,000 influencers from various industry verticals. This tool is especially beneficial for businesses that need to run large influencer campaigns.
You can use the advanced search functions to find the perfect TikTok influencers.
- Make sure to save your searches so that you can reach out to them at a later stage.
- You can integrate search results from InfluenceGrid with your CRM (customer relationship management).
Pricing: From free for basic features, to $150/month for enterprise-grade solutions.
Modash has an excellent influencer database and provides in-depth audience insights and data. It’s a great tool for finding influencers in sync with your audience’s demographic attributes. However, it is a costly tool, and there may be cheaper alternatives you might want to consider first.
- Use its filter tool to find the right influencer based on several parameters.
- This tool is perfect for highly successful creators who already have thousands of TikTok followers.
- It helps you find influencers who speak to your audience demographics.
Pricing: From $120/month to $1,350/month.
Use these tools to help you grow on TikTok
This comprehensive list of TikTok tools gives you an overview of what you can use to create content, manage your account, and monetize your TikTok presence. While these tools are helpful, what’s most important is to be consistent with posting on TikTok.
Most creators start with great enthusiasm only to give up very soon after. Oftentimes, this is because they don’t get the help they need to manage their TikTok account or the creator business they’ve just started.
The above tools are all designed to give you that extra support, so you can continue to grow your audience and make money online.
Want more tips to grow on TikTok? Download our free TikTok SEO Cheat Sheet for easy strategies to rank your videos for search.
Follow The Leap on TikTok and Instagram for more audience growth tips. We also make a newsletter.