TikTok is launching some new updates to improve the user experience of the app, including an “edit post” feature, the option to save videos without watermark, and an “auto scroll” mode.
Editing TikTok posts
First, the “edit post” feature allows you to edit post captions, hashtags, thumbnails, and cover text. But there’s a catch: Users can only edit posts published within the last seven days. Additionally, you can only edit a post’s description or cover thumbnail once a day.
To edit a recently published post:
- Select the published video from your feed.
- Tap the three dots icon (…) on the right menu.
- Scroll along to find and tap Edit post.
- From here, you can edit the video’s description and hashtags, or change its cover and cover text.
For a quick demo, watch this video by @danthomasuk:
Saving TikToks without watermark
TikTok is also adding an option for users to save videos without watermark, making it easier for creators to repurpose their content for other platforms. This is great news for users who previously relied on different hacks to remove the TikTok watermark from their videos.
As shown in this video by @jonahcruzmanzano, you can now download your TikTok videos without a watermark directly from the app’s video upload flow. Here’s how:
- Find and hit More options (…) near the bottom of your Post screen.
- Scroll down to find the Save posts without watermark toggle. Turn on the toggle.
- As you publish your video, the no-watermark version will be automatically saved on your device.
Auto scroll mode
Finally, TikTok has introduced a new “auto scroll” viewing mode that allows videos to autoplay one after another. With this update, users can enjoy watching an uninterrupted stream of TikToks, without having to manually scroll through their feed to load the next videos.
- How To Make Money on TikTok: 7 Effective Strategies
- TikTok Effect Creator Rewards: What To Know About the $6 Million Fund
- TikTok Creativity Program Beta: What To Know About the New Creator Fund
Want to turn your TikTok into a moneymaker? Grab our free guide on How To Make Money on TikTok to get started!